[stella] Atari 2600 Composite Video!

Subject: [stella] Atari 2600 Composite Video!
From: Emmanuel Fernandes <manu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 10:40:59 +0100 (CET)
Hi Everybody,

	I have a technical question about the Atari 2600: when I was
reading and working with the ATari 2600 schematics, specially the section
concerning the Video and Audio output, I was wondering, since some kind of
composite video  is made at the output of the TIA, that it should be
possible to "intercept" the audio and video before they get mixed and just
before they enter the RF modulator, to send them to a simple Composite
Video Monitor ?? I think yes, and it would be great: this should give you
a better Video than the one you get form a standard TV !

	Bye,

		Emmanuel.

Emmanuel Fernandes                   Phone : ++32-(10) 45 63 30 (home)
Institut de Mathematiques                    ++32-(10) 47 31 75 (offi)
Universite Catholique de Louvain
Chemin du Cyclotron, 2
B-1348 Louvain-La-Neuve
Belgique (Belgium)                   E-mail : fernandes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx