Re: [stella] Tetris copyright?!!!

Subject: Re: [stella] Tetris copyright?!!!
From: Robin Harbron <macbeth@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 18:46:23 -0500
This Tetris company may be for real.

>From what I know, the author of Tetris just received permission/rights
/whatever in the last year or so (more than 10 years after he originally
made it) to make money from Tetris.  I suppose this has something to do
with being Russian.

Very likely, most of the money that was to be made from Tetris has
already been made, so he's had to resort to making money "retro-
actively", so to speak - with lawsuits, etc.

I can't say I blame him, thinking of how huge the game is/was, and
that he made next to nothing from it.

None of my information is from a primary source - just pieced together
from what I've heard - if anyone can confirm or deny this, I'd be quite
interested.
--
Robin Harbron    macbeth@xxxxxxxxxxx
   http://www.tbaytel.net/macbeth