Re: [stella] Tetris copyright?!!!

Subject: Re: [stella] Tetris copyright?!!!
From: Galen Tatsuo Komatsu <gkomatsu@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 16:22:27 -1000
On Tue, 23 Feb 1999 jvmatthe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> And sending us even MORE MORE MORE off topic...check out:
> http://www.3dgamers.com/
> In the right column, click on 3D Action and then select Catacombs of the
> Abyss and Wolfenstein 3D.  CotA is listed as ??? 1991 (though the screenshot
> says 1992) while W3D is listed as May 1992.  Anyone actually own CotA and
> can say what the date is on their copy?

My copies of Catacombs of Armageddon (episode 2) and CoApocalypse (e3)
both say 1992.  (Oddly, I don't have the first one.)  I'd give some W3D
dates, but I don't appear to have it for my PC (have the Jaguar game, but
my Jag is busted.)

And to take this post a bit back on topic.  From Gamest's book "The Best
Game 2"

>From the article they have on Atari:
1989/02 Tetris
1990/11 Tetris Cabaret    [never heard of this one -gk]

Oddly however, looking through Sega's game list, (since I've played a
Tetris Clone by them titled Bloxeed(sp?))
1988 Tetris <Atari>    [I'm guessing a license? but note the year listed]
1990 Bloxeed

>From my Tetris box.
Copyright 1987 Academysoft - ELORG.