Re: [stella] Stella 1.1 out... What's about the Mac?!!

Subject: Re: [stella] Stella 1.1 out... What's about the Mac?!!
From: bwmott@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 12:00:54 -0500 (EST)
> >This is the 1.1 release of Stella for DOS, Linux, and Unix.  Distributions
> >for other operating systems will appear as they become available.
>
> Can we at least get a quick update on the state of MacStella 1.0?  Don't
> get me wrong, I'm certainly more than happy to have 0.7 (which is a heck
> of a lot more than nothing) but what with Rob's lifelong dream to
> contribute to the Mac-Atari emulating community, I'd think we could at
> least get a quick update!

I've emailed Aaron to see where he's at and I'll post an update regarding
the 1.x release of MacStella later this week.

> As an aside, if anyone gets a chance to try out this:
> >  * DOS and Linux versions support real Atari 2600 paddles using a
> >    special PC game port adaptor
>
> .... I'd be horribly curious to hear how well it works.

Works pretty good for me.  Breakout seems to be much better with paddles
than the mouse :-)  I'd be interested in hearing how it compares with the
real system as well.  Since I didn't do a side-by-side comparison.

> And you big ball/
> multisprite people might be interested it this:
> > * Improved TIA emulation to support the RESPx multi-sprite trick

This is just for the RESPx registers so I don't think it'll help with
the big balls, but it certainly helps with the "trick" and "extra" demos.

Later,
Brad

P.S. You can always install Linux on your Mac :-)

Bradford W. Mott (bwmott@xxxxxxx)          Computer Science Department
http://www4.ncsu.edu/~bwmott/www           North Carolina State University