Re: [stella] 2600 adaptor for the coleco...

Subject: Re: [stella] 2600 adaptor for the coleco...
From: Mark De Smet <desmet@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 21:56:05 -0600 (CST)
> From what I remember, someone said that the whole 2600 was pretty much
> made with off-the-shelf components excepting the TIA.  Is this an
> accurate summation?  Could you build one today (perhaps minus the TIA)?
> Where would you have to go to get the parts (eg, Radio Shack versus a
> processor warehouse)?  And finally, if everything but the TIA is

The complete schematics are available.  I have a copy of the schematics
for model CX2600 intended to be used by a repair person.  It includes
complete lists of replacement parts, dealers where to get them from, and
part numbers.  Yes, all parts except the tia are available from multiple
manufacturers, which you could order from most reputable electronics
dealers(such as allied or newark).  NTE makes a version of all the
parts(except tia).  The only problem may possibly arise from the fact that
some of the chips are very old, and may no longer be used.

Radio shack would not have the parts.  Once you really get into
electronics, you realise that radio shack doesn't have squat in terms of
components.