[stella] Activision

Subject: [stella] Activision
From: Glenn Saunders <krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 22:07:08 -0800
At 12:16 AM 3/1/99 -0500, you wrote:

>There is another question I have that perhaps someone like Glenn or Russ
>knows the answer to: When Activision released their emu for the PC and Mac
>did they have to obtain exclusive rights to the games they had there?  I
>know that Activision owns the rights to their games that were in those col-
>lections as well as the Imagic games, but they also included Combat in one
>of them and it would be interesting to know if a specific "computer" platform
>license was obtained from Atari Corp. for that game.

Activision licensed some Atari games from Atari Corp at the time.  Rumors
indicate that they paid way too much, and their choice of titles (mostly
first gen) was definitely questionable.  I believe this deal was only
temporary.

== Glenn Saunders  --3D Graphics / Videography / Web development--        ==
== krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx      http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/1698 ==
== Stella@20 video page         http://users.cnmnetwork.com/~krishna
 ==