Re: [stella] Building yourself an A2600

Subject: Re: [stella] Building yourself an A2600
From: Mark De Smet <desmet@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 12:54:34 -0600 (CST)
> 	Since many of you think it would be difficult to build an Atari 2600,
> I have good news for you, IT'S NOT !!!

The problem remains that you cannot purchase the TIA, unless I missed
something.

The schematics that I had offered to Chris were not the ones that Dan had
done by himself.  They are one of the "Sam's" series of repair documents
intended to be used by repair personel. They detail all replacement parts,
except the TIA.

One would have to reverse engineer the TIA, and have it custom made.
Although not impossible, I would think it more work than necessary.  In
all likelyhood, if someone really wanted construct a VCS themselves
instead of just modifying an existing one(to make it smaller for
instance), the only source for the TIA is probably to unsolder it from one
of the many VCS's people on this list seem to have.

Mark De Smet