Re: [stella] Building yourself an A2600

Subject: Re: [stella] Building yourself an A2600
From: Glenn Saunders <krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 22:09:08 -0800
At 04:13 PM 3/2/99 -0500, you wrote:
>BTW, how transistors in the TIA layout?  Couple of thousand?  Hundreds?

I believe it's less than 10,000 transistors.  When I get to editing Stella
at 20, I'll go over the technical stuff again and be able to give a more
specific number :)

In a lot of ways, the 2600 is like one of the pre-Warner analog Atari
arcade games with a CPU driving it.  The style of the electronics, the use
of poly counters and delays and strobes and such all came from coin-op.
That's why it's so vastly different from a computer-style archetecture such
as the Bally Astrocade.

== Glenn Saunders  --3D Graphics / Videography / Web development--        ==
== krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx      http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/1698 ==
== Stella@20 video page         http://users.cnmnetwork.com/~krishna
 ==