Re: [stella] Mac/SC loading

Subject: Re: [stella] Mac/SC loading
From: combee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Ben Combee)
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 04:32:42 +0000 (GMT)
> Besides, before people diss MPW, keep in mind that CodeWarrior Pro
> has had rampant and fatal codegen bugs in their PowerPC optimisers
> for two releases now.  It's even bitten the MacMAME team.  My 2.5+
> year old compilers and libraries are still working perfectly under
> my OS 8.5.1, and pass testing on System 7.6 68k machines.  If only
> Metrowerks/CW could claim such a stable track record.

Not wanting to start a flame war here, but I am one of the members of
the Metrowerks staff working on CodeWarrior... I even tried porting
MAME 32 to the Windows tool set last summer, but hit problems with the
emulation cores.  We're sorry that we've had codegen bugs for you, but
that is the potential risk we get by trying to radically improve code
optimization.

As for the DASM/MakeWave thing... me porting those is probably wishful
thinking right now.  My Mac sits mostly unused, sharing a monitor with
my Win98 test machine.

Here is a possible question: I wonder if you could use the sound
output from a 2600 to write back out to a Supercharger tape to provide
a way to save a game's status?  It might be an interesting experiment

--
Benjamin L. Combee (combee@xxxxxxxxxxxx) <URL:http://www.yak.net/combee/>