Re: [stella] Color & drawing limitations questions

Subject: Re: [stella] Color & drawing limitations questions
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 16:49:05 +0100
At 08:44 18.03.99 -0800, you wrote:

>Which games out there manage to change the color of a sprite clone in the
>same scanline?
>
>Is this how Klax has all those colors for its bricks in one scanline?

I suppose so. And I also think that Acid Drop uses this method.

>How many playfield color changes can one manage in one scanline?

You can make the background display 13 different colours in one
scanline. For the playfield changes will take only effect when
a new PF pixel starts, so I guess you would only get 12 different
colours on the playfield. But the different coloured areas would
have irregular widths for both the background and the playfield.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg