Re: [stella] Getting closer...

Subject: Re: [stella] Getting closer...
From: Lee Krueger <leekru19@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 19:06:19 -0800
John K. Harvey wrote:

> -John K. Harvey
>
> A general question:  What games that are feasible have not been done 2600
> style?

Hi John,

I have recently been absorbed by Intelligent Qube on the Playstation. I think
a simplier form of this game is feasible in 2D on the 2600, especially with
the Superchargers extra resouces. If I had time and machine langage skills,
I'd try my hand at it.

Another games that I am surprised that hasn't been done is Battleship. I think
the 2600 could do a really nice job of this game  as well.
I have more ideas, as I am sure others do as well but, they are more fantasy
than a possiblity for me.

One of my dream 2600 games would be a varient of Atari Adventure with 99
Supercharger loads on a CD. THe game would progress in a nonlinear fashion. In
fact, there could be mutiple solutions. Certain levels could only be unlocked
by solving puzzl;es, while others would offer dead end solutions. Keep th
original dragons and the Bat from adventure and the castles. Hide all kinds of
easter eggs in the various levels. Is this too much like Indenture? I haven't
played that yet (when is a Mac version coming ;-)

I'd also like to see a 4 player Indy 500 game with higher resoultion graphics.
I think it could be done.

Anyhow, the possibilities are endless.

Lee
--
ResQsoft - Trade/Buy/Sell Classic Video Games at reasonable prices
<http://idt.net/~leekru19/resqsoft.htm>