Re: [stella] Getting closer...

Subject: Re: [stella] Getting closer...
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 1999 11:35:07 +0200
At 10:11 01.04.99 +0200, you wrote:
>Theoretically, it should be possible to display more than 192 or 200 lines
>with graphics in PAL. The PAL Amiga, for instance, displays 256 lines in
>each frame (reducing the number of blank lines).
>Anyone ever thought of this?

Sure, but that would mean to make a lot of changes to the display
routine and to draw completely new graphics. I think that is more
than John is willing to do.

Writing PAL only games, that make use of the bigger display area,
would be nice, but that would reduce the potential userbase to a
very small number, so I don't think anyone would do this.

>Ah yes, only curious... are there any commercial games displaying more than
>Atari's suggested 192 lines on one frame?

PAL only games like Acid Drop or Pick n Pile do this, as well as
some PAL versions of Atari's early titles like Combat or Air Sea
Battle.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg