Re: [stella] Cartridge read timing problems?

Subject: Re: [stella] Cartridge read timing problems?
From: emooney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Erik Mooney)
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 17:34:51 GMT
>> > Any ideas about what else may cause such software actions?
>
>The thing that really puzzles me is that the games, do mostly run.  I mean
>if my interface didn't meet the timing constraints, I would think that
>there would be many more problems than just graphics issues(like the
>program not starting up).

Hmm.  You say that it seems like the ROMs all work fine, but there's
messed-up stuff in the displays.  Could it be that your interface isn't
quite decoding correctly, and is throwing stuff on the bus when the cart
is not selected and the TIA registers are selected?  So it's interfering
with TIA reads and writes, but the ROMs are okay?