Re: [stella] re: Timing problems & Game server.

Subject: Re: [stella] re: Timing problems & Game server.
From: Russell Babylon <babylon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 May 1999 15:05:44 -0400
I have been working on an Atari development system for the past few months,
sort of a simple version of Kevin Horton's Bankzilla.  I have not had a
problem with cable length to the Atari cart slot.  I  use 24 wire ribbon cable
about 10 inches long to connect the 2600 to my circuit.  My circuit uses 13
ICs and will load any 2 or 4K file (naturally), any 8K file that uses the
standard $F8, $F9 bankswitching and any 16K file that uses standard $F6, $F7,
$F8, $F9 bankswitching.  It also supports the Atari superchip.  Actually I
took a super chip out of a cartridge and incorporated it in my circuit.  The
binary files are loaded from the parallel port of my PC through a 8255 PPI
chip.  Other than the Atari super chip all the components are standard off the
shelf items.  It is working pretty well except I get some interference
radiated from the old TV I am using.  My next step is to make a permanent
circuit in a metal enclousure to eliminate this interference.

Russ