Re: [stella] Thinking... [nearly ot]

Subject: Re: [stella] Thinking... [nearly ot]
From: Ruffin Bailey <rufbo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 10:54:28 -0400
>The NES uses
>this trick in light-gun games - when you pull the trigger, it draws an
>entire frame of white while looking for the light-gun position.
>Clever, no?

I thought that the gun games flashed a bright light from one small area of
the screen, and if that light entered the lens of the gun a hit was scored.
 If the entire screen flashed white, I'm not real sure how the game could
record the hit.

Are you saying that the hit-or-miss event was recorded _before_ the flash,
and the flash was a pause in which the game could process whether or not a
hit was recorded?  I suppose that would make sense as well.

I've wondered about a light gun game for the 2600 before (what with
Crossbow on the 7800, iirc), but seeing how far my platform game has come
in the last, oh, two years?!?!, I haven't invested any time in making one
yet...  ;^)  But that doesn't stop one from dreamin', eh?

Ruffin Bailey
2600 on the Mac blah blah
http://members.aol.com/mactari