Re: [stella] Thinking... [nearly ot]

Subject: Re: [stella] Thinking... [nearly ot]
From: Dan Knapp <dankna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 08:16:54 -0400 (EDT)
> The reason I think differently (ouch, what a Mac pun) was that I'm pretty
> sure I remember bright white boxes around the ducks when you pulled the
> trigger.  Just to be clear, I'm not talking about a white box where the gun
> was pointing.  Rather, each duck-box (puntastic) lit up (one after another)
> when when the trigger was pulled, and if either box entered the lens, you
> had a hit.  Which duck was determined by time as the boxes flashed.

  Yes, I recall this as well.  Which makes sense as NES code is much less
coupled to the structure of the playfield than Atari code (yes, that's a
good way to say it...), although it can be made to generate interrupts when
a given scanline is started.
  I remember seeing a recent arcade game which flashed the entire screen,
so plainly it can be done both ways.

|The Mauve Baron|  Beep  | dankna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx                           |
|---------------|  Blip  | http://www.bergen.org/~dankna/                  |
|   Dan Knapp   |  Bonk  | C PS SQL Java Unix Mac RPN/L NES SMB1 BM        |