Re: [stella] a "pot" of confusion

Subject: Re: [stella] a "pot" of confusion
From: Ruffin Bailey <rufbo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 10:08:22 -0400
Mooney muttered...
>Erhm, serial port?  Wouldn't it be about ten times as easy to wire the
>paddle through into a game port, and just hook up the paddle as if it were
>a joystick X-axis and joystick button?  That would even allow use of the
>paddle (assuming it's a hardware-only hack) in native PC games like
>Arkanoid.

Harbron surmised:
>Erik Mooney wrote:
>> Erhm, serial port?
>
>Erhm, Mac? :)

Yeah yeah.  Serial port, game port, ADB, PS/2, AT, USB, Firewire, Joy1,
Joy2, PCMIACMAEMA.  They're all the same the me.  Whichever port that my
still-fairly-new Windows-using laptop would house the paddle do-hickey as
described in Stella instructions.  Hey man, I just program Java, SQL,
dhtml, vbscript, and some other sorry excuses for programming languages.  I
don't touch actual hardware much.

And I know as soon as I took up assembler for x86, they'd leave the x86
architecture behind...

;^)

Ruffin Bailey