Re: [stella] that supercharger thingy

Subject: Re: [stella] that supercharger thingy
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 12:39:32 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 31 May 1999, Chris Cracknell wrote:

> Actually, we once discussed a theoretical way to write a Supercharger game
> that could save data too using the 2600's sound capabilities and the
> TV's headphone jack.
>
> I don't think anyone's ever attempted to do this though.

Well, then...get on it!  You're nominated! :)

I see no reason why this couldn't be done.  The only problem is that not
all TV's have earphone jacks.  But one could overcome this by putting a mike
in front of the speaker.  I used to do this with my Coco to record music
compositions. You need aquiet room to do it, but it works.  I also copied
a few programs like this.  Zaxxon comes to mind...

-Chris