Re: [stella] Thinking... [nearly ot]

Subject: Re: [stella] Thinking... [nearly ot]
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 20:52:00 +0200
At 10:54 27.05.99 -0400, you wrote:

>I've wondered about a light gun game for the 2600 before (what with
>Crossbow on the 7800, iirc), but seeing how far my platform game has come
>in the last, oh, two years?!?!, I haven't invested any time in making one
>yet...  ;^)  But that doesn't stop one from dreamin', eh?

Speaking of light gun support for the VCS ...
Some time ago I borrowed the gun detection code from Sentinel and
turned it into a little test program for the light gun. In case
anyone wants to try out his XE or G1 light gun with his VCS, here
it is. The Vertical resolution can be extended to 190, but horizontally
53 positions is all you can do. Hitting the outer most squares might
be difficult depending on your TV set and how close you are holding the
gun to it.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg