Re: [stella] Save Mary/VCS

Subject: Re: [stella] Save Mary/VCS
From: jvmatthe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 1999 08:28:06 -0400 (EDT)
> I'll offer the same to anyone who can get me a modified Atari 2600 that
> outputs Y/C (SVHS) and separate audio for each channel.  Right now I have a
> 7800 that Jerry Jessop modified for me but it's composite video, mono
> audio, and exhibits a weird interference pattern even though it isn't RF.
> I'd hate to have to use it for the documentary.  He's had a 2600 of mine
> for over a year and a half but is too busy with work at Sony to complete
> his modifications.  In order to get a really clean signal some
> amplification circuits need to be designed.  You can't really use the docs
> that have been floating around the internet and acheive the highest quality
> signal that is theoretically possible.  I'd like to be able to offer the
> best screenshot footage possible on the tapes, with "stereo" HiFi for the
> audio (which should be an interesting experience to hear).

Hmmmm.  Well, the mod that Jay Tilton had up for a while is the one I used
on my 7800 which Ruffin now has.  I'll "offer" it if he is willing to send
it.  I felt that the image on my 1702, 1902, and 2002 monitors was
exceptional.  Also, this particular 7800 has worked with every game I've
ever put in it, including the supposed problem games of Decathlon and
Robot Tank.  If you don't like the video quality, of course, then no big
deal.  Ruffin might be able to offer a second opinion on the video quality
just in case I think too highly of my work... :^)

matt