[stella] Credits (again) using venitian blind

Subject: [stella] Credits (again) using venitian blind
From: Glenn Saunders <cybpunks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 1999 14:54:46 -0700
I originally wanted to see if we could generate a credit scroll using the
2600 that might be legible enough for me to use for the documentary.  The
solutions people came up with involved flicker, which I don't think will be
acceptable.

I was just thinking, when looking at the chess kernel, that it should be
possible to have 12 characters across using tripled sprites using this
routine, without flicker.

If I chromakeyed out the background color after capturing, this would
probably result in a satisfactory credit scroll, something I wanted the VCS
to do for Stella at 20.

Plus, by using all of the sprites you can probably also support
underlining, plus the missiles and ball can be used for bullets,
apostrophes or colons.

Anyone like to try their hand at that? :)

== Glenn Saunders  --3D Graphics / Videography / Web development--        ==
== krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/1698      ==
== Cyberpunks homepage      http://cyberpunks.atari.org	                 ==