Re: [stella] VCS modifications

Subject: Re: [stella] VCS modifications
From: "Andy Welburn" <andrew.welburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 14:30:53 +0100
hi guys..

I have a question, I looked in the 2600 FAQ last night and decided to try
build a composite lead for one of my 2600 jr's..

Now, the diagram in the FAQ didn't correlate to what was sitting in front of
me, I'm assuming that my PAL 2600 may have a different board layout to the
NTSC described within.

However, i did still try and find the relevant points and see if in fact i
got the correct signals, as far as i could make out, i'm getting a proper
chroma signal from R42, i'm getting nothing audio-wise from C19, and i can't
even locate TP5... I've found TP1-7 but no TP5 ??!

Can anyone also enlighten me on what exactly are the signals being sent into
the RF modulator? surely they must be something usable?

Can anyone lend a hand here? I'm getting tired of having to set up a 2600 on
my telly, when i could have a 2600 nailed to the wall and hooked up to my
monitor along with every other game-console i use (JAMMA arcade test-rig,
laserdisc player, CDi, CD32, PSX etc :) I have a Commodore 1085S monitor
with seperate composite, Chroma, Luma, and RGB inputs..

many thanks.