Re: [stella] New scrolling text cart available

Subject: Re: [stella] New scrolling text cart available
From: Ruffin Bailey <rufbo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 12:33:49 -0400
At 09:10 AM 6/21/99 -0700, you wrote:
>>welcome, but anything that's written in the Latin of assembler (that is, a
>>long dead language like 6502/6510 assembler ;) deserves credit!
>
>The 6502 isn't that long dead.  At least if you include 65816 assembly.
>When was the last SNES game released?

I suppose Robin Harbron would have to differ with me as well...  ;^D

>Now cycle-counting 6502, that's a different story.

There's a good save; thanks.  Though 6510 assembler might not be "long dead", I
believe it and its subspecies are mainly found on sparsely populated,
subtropical islands.

Though my "Atari experience" helped land the job I now have, I can't honestly
say I've had much chance to use my assembler knowledge here at work (the
"mainland", if you will) or even the time to work on demos at home!  (Danged 40
hours a week job!)  I do get teased a good deal, however.  Usually along the
lines of, "I know I'm a geek, but Ruffin programs for the _Atari_!!!"

Glenn -- just wanted to make sure you'd gotten my offer to video and even
possibly conduct the Robinett interview...  I certainly don't mind driving!

Thanks,

Ruffin Bailey          |  Write Atari 2600 games on your Mac!!!
rufbo at bellsouth.net |  http://members.aol.com/mactari
Game Articles author at http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/games