Re: [stella] New scrolling text cart available

Subject: Re: [stella] New scrolling text cart available
From: gentlben@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 20:35:53 -0700
>         Interesting.  How about this... I have a couple of days off of work coming
> up.  I'll give the ROLling idea an attempt (This actually is intriguing).
> I'll try to maximize my space in order to get the 8x more space that most
> people are expecting.  After that, I think I'll post a dummy copy that is
> filled with meaningless text on my own personal web page.  Any suggestions
> from that point on would be helpful, be it from decompiling or source code
> or whatever.  Actually scratch that, I'll just post it here.
>         Would this be better in a 6-digit format as opposed to a 4-digit format?
> I don't think it'd make that much of a difference, but I'd actually like to
> know your opinion on the matter.
>
>         I have posted a sample 4K 384-bit sample,with the 4-digit routine, just so
> everyone can take a look at it.

thats a very nice horizontal scrolling demo, but i think the gap where the words
scroll in is just a bit short...oh well...i guess u cant have everything, huh...

didnt glenn say he was looking for a vertical scrolling thingy, or a way to implement
one?

> "The 80s aren't over.  It's Nineteen Eighty-nineteen."

actually, its 1999...but wasnt there a song..."so tonite im gonna party like its
1999..."

so why hasnt anyone partied yet?!