Re: [stella] horizontal timing issues

Subject: Re: [stella] horizontal timing issues
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 13:49:59 +0200
At 15:27 05.07.99 -0700, you wrote:
>heres another question for all of you to bite on...
>do you think it would be possible to create even a
>simple music program that could compose simple
>songs?  such a program could have an extra feature
>for would-be programmers showing waveform and
>frequency divide...and if it could be written, it
>would be great for the Supercharger...your thoughts?

Yes, it would be possible to do such a program. In fact I did a
program called 'frame timed sound effects', which can be found on
Nick Bensema's Atari programming website on the tools page at
http://www.primenet.com/~nickb/atariprg.htm . It isn't really a
music program but a program to try out sound effects. It lets you
set all TIA sound registers and specify for how many frames to hold
these before the next set of values is used. For a real music program
you would probably need to add things like definable ADSR envelopes etc.
The binary on Nick's page is for the Supercharger but lacks the header
information nessessary to run it on an emulator, so you would have to
try it out on a real SC. If you don't have one, say so and I'll try
to create an emulator friendly version for you.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg