[stella] Exotic Hardware

Subject: [stella] Exotic Hardware
From: Glenn Saunders <cybpunks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 08:45:54 -0700
At 01:13 AM 7/7/99 -0600, you wrote:
>BTW, if anyone DOES reverse engineer those and can see a way to get it to
>play off of CD via "conventional" means, we at CyberPuNKS would be very
>interested to hear it, as it would add value to our Stella Gets A New
>Brain re-release.

Actually, something I hoped would happen back in the day was that we came
up with the idea of a 64K new version of the Supercharger that would hook
up via parallel or serial to any PC.

If we could manufacture enough of these, I think it would have opened the
2600 up to even more advanced games.  However, since developers have been
very slow to utilize Supercharger RAM in general, or multiloads, such
exotic hardware is not necessary.