Re: [stella] Networkable Atari.

Subject: Re: [stella] Networkable Atari.
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 14:25:44 +0200
At 01:00 13.07.99 -0700, you wrote:

>So is it a fixed demo like a movie, or can you actually play the games?
>If you can play them, are they any different from the *real* SC games?
>And if they're real, I wonder how the timing of the switch between demos
>works?

Judging from the description on Robert Worne's page, it seems that
most of the demo just shows some text screens, but you can also play
a little bit of Phaser Patrol and Dragonstomper. I think the games
have a counter that ends them after a fixed time.

What I'm wondering is if it would be possible to replace the joystick
port loading routine with a call of the SC tape loading routine. It
wouldn't be quite the same, but at least you could run the demo on
every SC without the extra hardware.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg