Re: [stella] submissions

Subject: Re: [stella] submissions
From: Glenn Saunders <cybpunks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 18:31:25 -0700
At 10:29 PM 7/28/99 +0000, you wrote:
>Any particular reason why not?  Seems like if you have some space (which,
>provided you have enough media about the games, might not be the case),

First and foremost, it's important to differentiate the two products so
that people don't feel gypped when the other CD comes out.  Stella Gets a
New Brain was conceived to foster 2600 development for people with real
2600s.  It has the dev tools, the audio loads, and other goodies, but a
minimal (if any) user interface.  This new disc would be purely an end-user
point-and-click sort of affair for people with PCs.  Also, we want to save
as much space for the video as possible.  Also, Bob and the others here
have graciously agreed to waive a royalty for their material.    It's
limited and casual enough that I can throw a lot of stuff in just by virtue
of verbal (okay, email) approval. Intellivision Productions is a
corporation with a lawyer and more aggressive plans to market the new CD, I
think it would be harder to get a lot of this stuff on there by virtue of
the red-tape involved.

>By the same token, any chance for a little audio from a phone interview
>with Piero/Bob/Eric/Lord of all Hell Breaking Loose/Et al on the next
>Stella CD?

If Piero could submit an MP3 answering some questions about his games,
sure, but I need to master the CD by this sunday evening.  I don't think
the quality of a phone interview would cut it.

There may be some surprises on the CD too which we may hold back on talking
about until CG Expo.  I've still got about 275MB to work with (not taking
the Stella archive into account) to pad the CD out.

>Any timeline on the Intellivision releases?  ("Gimme my Sea Hunt

Considering the slow negotiation process (and we still have to tackle
Bridgestone), probably late fall, in time for X-mas season.