Re: [stella] A couple of questions

Subject: Re: [stella] A couple of questions
From: dee <gentlben@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 09:32:35 -0700
> >Also, the 7800 appears to use a two-button controller.  Can anyone tell
> >me if 2600 games can be made to utilize that extra button?  Is this
> >basically what the "Booster Grip" for Omega Race used?
>
> I think It's different.  I believe the Booster Grip just adds the use of
> another pin in the 9-pin adaptor, while a 7800 controller requires some
> resistors inside of the controller that are wired from both buttons to only
> one pin (if memory serves at all).

the only way i can think of a two button (or even three button :) )
joystick being possible on a 2600 is by doing what the keyboard
controllers do...simply wire the extra fire buttons to the pot
pins...it may be possible to get up to three fire buttons using
INPT0, INPT1, and INPT4...and INPT2, INPT3, INPT5 for the other
port...of course, im not exactly sure how the pot ports work or
if they can even be read that way...i DO know you cannot do it
with SWCHA because that reads the directions of the joysticks.

dee