[stella] TIA mysteries anyone?

Subject: [stella] TIA mysteries anyone?
From: "Frank Palazzolo" <palazzol@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 22:39:20 -0400

First of all...

I must say that the "Stella at 20" (vol 2) video and the "Stella Gets a New Brain" are both quite cool! Nice job Glenn et al.
I especially like those original "design notebook" pages for
the 2600, and that tune "Atari 2600" is quite catchy :)

Ok...after attending cgexpo and hearing Joe Decuir talk about the TIA design, I'm interested in cataloging (and eventually explaining) the "mysterious" or unexplained behaviors of this chip.

The two I know of are the "black line" at the beginning of the horizontal lines, and the "Cosmic Ark stars effect". Anyone know of any others?

Thanks,
Frank