Re: [stella] WSYNC and RESPx questions

Subject: Re: [stella] WSYNC and RESPx questions
From: Erik Mooney <emooney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 08:53:25 -0400 (EDT)
> Without analyzing the whole code it's difficult to tell
> if this case ever occurs or not. But even if it does, it
> shouldn't be much of a problem. This happens only in lines
> where the planes get positioned, so all that should be in
> the same scanline would be the reflected playfield and
> maybe a shot or the players plane. If one scanline gets
> doubled here for one frame every now and then, it would
> be very hard to notice that at all.

Actually, I'd disagree.  If a scanline got doubled in that manner,
everything below it would get shifted down one scanline, which would be
fairly noticeable... you'd see your plane and the score jump around a
little bit, which I'm fairly sure I've never seen.  So I think it'd be
safe to assume that that worst-case 74th cycle WSYNC never happens.