Re: [stella] High Scores

Subject: Re: [stella] High Scores
From: emooney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Erik Mooney)
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 00:44:23 GMT
>a) come up with a top-5 list of games that this would be best for
>b) disassemble these games and find out
>	1) how the score is encoded
>	2) how the game selection is encoded
>	3) how the game mode (in play or not in play) is determined.

Missile Command:  The score is six BCD digits: for player 1, it's RAM
location $F3 for the highest two digits, $F1 for the next two, and $EF for
the lowest two.  Add one to all those locations for the player 2 scores.
The current game number can be found at location $E9.  It appears that $E8
contains 00 if the game is not playing and 01 if it is, though I'm not
100% sure.

River Raid, I can't figure out how the score is stored.

Does anyone have, or can cook up, an emulator where I can play a game
while watching the RAM locations also onscreen?  That'd make this a bunch
easier...