Re: [stella] High Scores

Subject: Re: [stella] High Scores
From: Lee Krueger <resqsoft@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 11:41:24 -0800
Glenn Saunders wrote:

> At 02:48 AM 8/27/99 +0000, you wrote:
> >And can't you include River Raid, as an easter egg or something, since we
> >already have all the info? :)
>
> Brad's working on this part-time, so he can't devote any more time to it
> than is absolutely necessary.  We will not, of course, be supplying
> Activision ROM images.
>
> This feature, if we implement it at all, is likely only to be present for a
> very small handful of games by virtue of the trickiness in implementation.
>
> The reason I'm not opening this up to RGVC is that I'd like there to remain
> some secrecy in our project, since Cyberpunks are competing with others for
> this contract.  I would prefer not to give the competition any ideas as to
> our strategy.

I thought this (the Stellalist) was setup and designed to promote new games
and ideas for the 2600 for the greater good of the Atari 2600 enthusiasts
community. This project sounds much too focused and seems intended to, in the
end, serve only the needs of Cyberpunks  Why not open up this subject to all
emulators. Glenn, it appears that you want to redirect the development and
ideas to serve your own means. Perhaps, I am wrong, but that is the perception
by me and others. Perhaps ideas regarding CyberPunks products and developments
should be kept to a separate group (a Cyberpunks mailing list). I for one
would like this feature to be available for all sorts of 2600 games on my
favorite emulator (and on a Macintosh of course ;-)

The above is just my opinion based upon my observation of the direction of the
discussion and conversations I have had with others regarding this subject.

BTW: You know that many of us are on rgvc, and of course we subscribe to this
list as well to observe and share development ideas for everyone.

Lee Krueger

--
ResQsoft - Check out the Atari 2600 CD Compilation for play on your
Supercharger: <http://home.earthlink.net/~resqsoft/wtw.htm>

"No Atari; no fun" <==> "Know Atari; know fun" /|\
"Save the Whales; Buy the whole set"
"On the other hand; you have different fingers"
"God, Please protect me from your followers."