Re: [stella] So I decided to program something...

Subject: Re: [stella] So I decided to program something...
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 10:17:56 -0400 (EDT)
> So, I decided to program something.  I wanted something that wouldn't take
> too long, and would not require to many(any) of the graphics tricks.
> Hence, I decided to make "Video Simon".  Yes, Simon as in that 80's
> electronic toy where you have to repeat the pattern it displays.

Cool game.  Didn't Ralph Baer have a hand in designing the original?

> -the flashing background is intended as only temporary until I decide
>  what to do for a startup demo.  I was thinking of haveing 'simon' play
>  a song on it'self, but it is difficult to find a song with only 4 notes.

"Mary Had a Little Lamb"

> Joystick works at an angle, so the pressing up causes simons upper left

OH NOOOO!!  Not again!!
You have no idea how hard Q*bert was when I first got it...ACK!!!

> Let me know what you think :-)

Sorry, but I've moved back to school and am temporarily homeless (again ;)
so I can't actually demo it.  Sounds pretty cool, though!

-Chris