Re: [stella] Thrust!

Subject: Re: [stella] Thrust!
From: Piero Cavina <p.cavina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 00:22:02 +0100
At 15.48 17/11/99 -0500, Erik Mooney wrote:

>>in the last months, i have followed the list. Soon i
>>got the idea to write my own game. This should be a
>>vcs clone of one of my favourite C-64 games, called
>>thrust!
>>
>>I had to realize a 2d-scrolling PF, reused players and
>>some missiles. It looked nearly impossible to me to
>>put it all together, but i always liked to work with
>>bits and bytes.
>
>This is excellent!  Although quite hard to play.. I suppose it'll get
>easier once the player is able to shoot things?

This is the best thing I've seen from this list since a lot of time. You've
got an excellent kernel, not many 2600 games have such a good full-screen
scrolling playfield.
You must complete this project. There will be a lot of playtesting, level
design and fine tuning to be done, but it looks too good to be abandoned.
Thanks for giving a breath of life to the list! :)
For the moment, the game is a bit too difficult. Maybe it's just too fast,
if there should be various degrees of difficulty based on speed, and this
would be the "hard" level. Also, I would like better to use the button to
thrust. Shooting could be automatic, and it could be turned on and off
pushing the stick upwards. Also, limited ammo and fuel could be options to
consider.

How big is the "world"? I can't go very far into the pit :)

Ciao,
 P.