Re: Antwort auf: [stella] Thrust!

Subject: Re: Antwort auf: [stella] Thrust!
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 14:49:04 +0100 (CET)
--- kurt.woloch@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Er... do you already compress the playfield somehow?
> Maybe it could be
> compressed further?
Yes it is compressed!
As you can see there is always one left and one
right border. Each border is stored as blocks with a
x-starting point, a x-difference to the previous line,
the
height of the block and the x-distance to the opposite

border (this allows that it look as if both blocks can

start at the same line, which is not the case). This
makes 4 bytes for each block, and i don't think
there's
much room for improvement.

> No playtesting needed... incidently, did you copy
> some of the code of the
> C-64 version?
I didn't, but if you can figure out where and how the
ball-physics are computed, i might... ;-)

> On some stages, there are multiple fuel stations in
> a row (which could be
> done here with repeated players), so you can gain a
> bigger amount of fuel.
I thought about repeated players, but they would
partialy
appear at the opposite side. Each player is 8 pixel
wide
and i'm x-scrolling in 4 pixel steps, so that i have
mask out the player data when it reaches the border of

the screen. With repeated players this would look
pretty weird. If someone has a better idea...

> I only
> couldn't get beyond those "half-circles". Exactly on
> this position, I also
> lost my last life when I played the C-64 version
> some days ago. ;-) I
> suppose you have to shoot them to open the small
> wall beneath them
It should open (now) when you just press fire.

=====
Thomas Jentzsch           | *** Every bit is sacred ! ***
tjentzsch at yahoo dot de |