Re: [stella] Are 7800 demos legal???

Subject: Re: [stella] Are 7800 demos legal???
From: Ruffin Bailey <rufbo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 15:44:04 -0500
>Of course we already know that Hasbro has declared their old consoles to be
>open systems and they really don't care one way or the other.  So probably
>it's a moot point anyway.  But we wouldn't want to be accidently posting
>things to this list that Glenn considers to be illegal.
>
>BTW, does anybody know where to find Hasbro's official policy on old
>consoles?

I just happened to dig that up (okay okay, the fellow who takes care of the
Jag FAQ dug it up for me) and I'll try and remember to send it on when I
get home, but here's the catch:  Only the Jag was opened up.

I'd love to see the 7800 get some fancy smancy new demos, but as far as
legality, I'm wavering on no.

Just my 2¢ of course!

Ruffin Bailey