Re: [stella] Are 7800 demos legal???

Subject: Re: [stella] Are 7800 demos legal???
From: Paul Hart <hart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 19:40:46 -0700 (MST)
On Tue, 23 Nov 1999, Russ Perry Jr wrote:

> The one possible thing that would get you through is that it's only 122
> bytes, and if you were unlucky enough to get sued, you might get some
> luck that it's to small a piece to be claimed.  However, given the
> importance of its function, I doubt many judges would go that route.

Oh please, litigation is extremely expensive and companies don't sue over
something unless it has real commercial value.  Anyone who thinks the
Atari 7800 or its software has remaining commercial value is seriously
delusional.  The only people on the planet who still care about the 7800
are on this list, and we love it as our hobby.

I say post your new demos.  The 7800 owners on the list will enjoy them,
and nobody's going to sue you.

Paul Hart

--
Paul Robert Hart        ><8>  ><8>  ><8>        Verio Web Hosting, Inc.
hart@xxxxxxxxxxx        ><8>  ><8>  ><8>        http://www.iserver.com/