Re: [stella] Stamp

Subject: Re: [stella] Stamp
From: Pete Holland <petehollandjr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 13:31:42 -0800 (PST)
Okay!  Just saw the new stamp.  Oh, sweet....

There are a couple of little details, though, borne of
the trivia geek in me.  The game is obviously
"Defender".  But I don't recall the game showing that
many enemies at once or a score that high.  Did anyone
with this game achieve the feat depicted on the stamp?
 Also, the cartridge looks like those old Atari carts,
with a silver frame around the game title.  Did
"Defender" ever come out with this label variation?  I
know the Post Office is under enough fire for two
errors with those Grand Canyon stamps, but come on.

Don't even get me started on the phoniness of brother
and sister playing video games and bonding.  My sister
and I had our Atari during our formative years, and we
spent more time trash talking than anything else.
(She was so mad when I did that warp trick in
Combat....)