Re: [stella] Thrust again

Subject: Re: [stella] Thrust again
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 16:46:57 +0100 (CET)
> At 17.18 21/02/00 -0800, you wrote:
>
> That's true, this game is definitely in the "hard to
> learn / hard to
> master" category. Maybe a "rookie" mode could be
> introduced, whith a
> spaceship with simplified controls, or that just
> bounces instead of crashing.

The Version you have is actually some kind of
"rookie"-version. You have unlimited lives, you can
switch to any level and there is some "friction"
(don't know the correct word) in the movement of the
ship and the spin of the connect pod, which makes
control a lot easier. The friction could be further
increased for a real rookie mode. I could also reduce
the fuel-consumption and the gun-fire.
But the game shouldn't become too easy, it's allwayw
fun to explore another level and to find new
obstacles.
I'm very good in playing thrust on the c64, but i've
never got behind the mostly invisible cave, so i'm
still having fun to try.

Thomas

=====
Thomas Jentzsch           | *** Every bit is sacred ! ***
tjentzsch at yahoo dot de |