[stella] Atari on GameSpy

Subject: [stella] Atari on GameSpy
From: Ruffin Bailey <rufbo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 00 22:42:33 -0500
Pretty neat article today on classic gaming consoles at GameSpy.com.  The
say that there are only two types of 2600 (the poor naive chaps), but I
don't have the gumption to write a real detailed email to them just
now...  There's even mention of the Supercharger, though the way the
article's written it sounds like they are impossible to come by.

>Last but not least, consider yourself one of the Atari elite if you
>manage to find a working Arcadia/Starpath Supercharger. This powerful (in
>its day) add-on module for the 2600 added 6K of additional memory and a
>tape cassette interface for loading in various game tapes. Game such as
>Escape from the Mindmaster had first person 3D maze effects, even the
>pack-in game "Phaser Patrol" was a superior space game compared with other
>games available on the Atari 2600. If you find a supercharger that works,
>snap it up.

Get incensed!  Check out the article!  (It is a half-way decent read)
http://www.gamespy.com/articles/ebay_a.shtm

--
Ruffin Bailey            |  rufbo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
IMG Staff Writer         |  Program 4 the Atari 2600 on your Mac!