[stella] Ruminations

Subject: [stella] Ruminations
From: Pete Holland <petehollandjr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 11:07:48 -0700 (PDT)
Howdy, gang.  Just got my return for paying that stuff
you pay in April (just in case mentioning the real
word gets this blocked by the filter).  As I toy with
my programming while working on other things, a
thought strikes me.  I have a game.com, a Game Boy,
and a Sega Nomad.  I saw a portable NES for sale on
the Internet the other day.  I started wondering if
there was ever a self-contained Atari 2600, complete
with screen and a built in controller.  This would not
only be fun, but great for showing the results of my
programming efforts.

So was there ever a Nomad type 2600?  I heard there
might have been one in Brazil, but not only would that
be hugely expensive, but it would logically only play
PAL games.  I don't have any of those.

If there wasn't, what would it take to make one,
assuming I found a housing for it?  How much would it
cost?

My Supercharger works swell on my 2600, but not on my
7800 Prosystem.  Is there something in programming
that makes this happen that I should watch out for?
The reason I ask is, if a portable 2600 has to be a
custom job, I'm wondering how I would maintain 100%
compatibility with everything, from homebrew games to
Supercharger to whatever else.