Re: [stella] Using DiStella and figuring out the "tricks"

Subject: Re: [stella] Using DiStella and figuring out the "tricks"
From: Glenn Saunders <cybpunks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 14:22:59 -0700
At 11:23 AM 4/15/00 -0700, you wrote:
structured.  Kind of like how I was able to identify
directors of Bugs Bunny cartoons without looking at
the credits.  Well, before I had most of them
memorized.

I think it's possible to see styles in games. It may not point to a particular programmer, but it does point to a particular group of programmers or an era, if they shared code. There was a lot of sharing in Atari, Activision, and Imagic kernels which is clear even just by looking at the games' aesthetics.

Glenn Saunders - Producer - Cyberpunks Entertainment Personal homepage: http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/1698 Cyberpunks Entertainment: http://cyberpunks.uni.cc

-- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/