Re: [stella] Using DiStella and figuring out the "tricks"

Subject: Re: [stella] Using DiStella and figuring out the "tricks"
From: Pete Holland <petehollandjr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 18:40:11 -0700 (PDT)
--- Glenn Saunders <cybpunks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> At 11:23 AM 4/15/00 -0700, you wrote:
> I think it's possible to see styles in games.  It
> may not point to a particular programmer, but it
does
> point to a particular group of programmers or an
era,
> if they shared code.  There was a lot of sharing in
> Atari, Activision, and Imagic kernels which is clear
> even just by looking at the games' aesthetics.

Do you include bankswitching schemes in the kernals?
Because that's another area where a company's
"fingerprints" might be found.  I was looking over
that list that tells the bankswitching schemes for
every conceivable 2600 cartridge on the planet (I used
to think my collection was impressive.  Now I know it
just sucks).  I don't have the doc in easy reach at
the moment, but I recall M Network used a bankswitch
scheme peculiar to them, and I think Parker Brothers
also used one especially for them and the chip set
they had in the carts.