[stella] New application for the Atari 2600

Subject: [stella] New application for the Atari 2600
From: "Maximiliam Luppe" <maxluppe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 12:56:43 -0300
 Hello, Atari 2600 fans.

  My name is Maximiliam Luppe and I've an Atari 2600 since '80. It was my
 first console and computer. I loved playing Adventure, H.e.r.o, Enduro,
 River Raid, Robot Tank, etc...

  I still have it and I'd like to give it life, but not only to play games
(I
 can use emulators). So, I'd like to propose a challenge: transform the 2600
 into an 8-bit Logic Analyser. How??? Since it's a computer with 10 digital
 inputs and 4 analog input I think it could be possible.

     # The Joystick Directions supply the 8-bits inputs
     # The Joystick Buttons supply the time range selection (+/-)
     # The Select key selects Single/Continuous data acquisition
     # The Reset key Starts data acquisition
     # It reads the data and store in the PIA RAM (128 bytes) during blank
       intervals

  I don't know 6502/6507 assembly and I'm not familiarized with TIA and RIOT
 programming, so I couldn't develop this without help.

  I hope this motivate some one.

  Thanks.

  Max

  PS: Excuse me if I make some mistakes in English language... ;-)