Re: [stella] Obfusicated code contest?

Subject: Re: [stella] Obfusicated code contest?
From: Pete Holland <petehollandjr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 May 2000 16:22:37 -0700 (PDT)
--- Mark De Smet <de-smet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> (Sorry, I don't know how to spell obfusicated...)

Don't look at me.  I'm not a Scrabble player for a
reason.

> The last email I sent made me think of that contest
> someone used to run for C/C++ programs.  The goal of
> the contest was to write the most confusing code
> possible that did something very simple. It could be
> confusing because of how you layout your code, how
> you use data elements, how you count your screen
> kernal...The possibilities are endless.

Just out of curiosity...did they call the award in
this contest the "Rubie" in honor of Rube Goldberg?
Sounds like a perfect fit.

> Anyway, I bring it up because I think it would be
> really cool if we had one of these contests(for the
> VCS of course).

Well, I think us newbies would have a natural
advantage.  After all, we haven't trained our minds to
keep the code nice and tight yet.  :-PPP

> Maybe we can get people on the list who arn't
> actively programming anything back into the swing of
> things!

I'm working on it!  I swear to God!  ;-)

> What do people think?

I don't.  That's what makes me a good warehouse
worker.  ;-)

But I'm seriously.  It sounds like fun.  Although, who
would be the judge?  It helps to know who we'd have to
confuse.  I'd love to try.

Dobre utka,
Pete Holland Jr.