Re: [stella] The Dig!

Subject: Re: [stella] The Dig!
From: Glenn Saunders <cybpunks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 May 2000 23:26:46 -0700
At 09:54 PM 5/6/00 -0400, you wrote:
Thanks. No, it's not up to date, but I was
thinking of trying to breath some life
back into it. I did add some source code
links a few months back.

I like the look of what you did, but I'm actually thinking that we could use an even more robust solution, something database-driven with an admin to easily update it. Biglist has a search engine but it's not that useful for searching for file attachments. Also there should be a way to categorize important posts and then query through them for what we are looking for, not just substring searches.

What do others think?

Should we try to build out something fancier as a way to query technical information from Stellalist?

We do now have about 4 years worth of material accumulated, so it's getting a little unwieldy. New people subscribe to Stellalist on a fairly regular basis and there should be some easy way for them to catch up by reading through the best of the archives.

I might be able to get some free hosting services through a friend, something with some SQL and ASP or Cold Fusion support...

Glenn Saunders - Producer - Cyberpunks Entertainment Personal homepage: http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/1698 Cyberpunks Entertainment: http://cyberpunks.uni.cc -- "One World, One Web, One Program" - Microsoft Promotional Ad "Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Fuhrer" - Adolf Hitler

-- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/