Re: [stella] Dead Links

Subject: Re: [stella] Dead Links
From: Russ Perry Jr <slapdash@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 14:29:59 -0500
At 5:14 PM -0400 5/6/00, Garon Grainger wrote:
>Anyone know what's going on with
>Atari HQ? Is the site just temporarily down?

I imagine it's just temporary.  It happens every now and then, but it's
probably too well-known to go down for good without a visible attempt to
get better hosting and/or new maintainers.

>Is Stell-a-Sketch still available for download
>at Bob Colbert's site? I couldn't find it.

IIRC, Bob took it down to appease Ohio Arts, who weren't too happy about
its similarity to Etch-A-Sketch (damn losers).

>Also, is anyone still interested in me continuing
>with the source & bin archive?

It's a nice site, but that's not to say I get there a lot, as I have
most of the stuff there off Stellalist originally.  But I think it's
probably friendlier for newbies to look at than the basic archives.

Still, if you have time or not is the real issue.  I'd say at least
leave it up even if you're not going to maintain it, and just put a
note that it's only good up until whatever date you began neglecting
it.  It will still provide worth for stuff posted to the list before
that date...
||  Russ Perry Jr   2175 S Tonne Dr #105   Arlington Hts IL 60005  ||
||  847-952-9729    slapdash@xxxxxxxxxxxx    VIDEOGAME COLLECTOR!  ||