Re: [stella] playfield tricks

Subject: Re: [stella] playfield tricks
From: "Philipp Graf" <ut3h@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 20:21:59 +0200
> You can also rewrite the playfield color register for multiple colors per
> scanline.  How many times you can get away with this, I don't know.
Anyone
> have a list of games which do a lot of this?  It's hard to tell the
> difference between this and multiple blocky sprites.

 The Cbars-demo I posted some weeks ago does this. I got to 12
colours/scanline. It gets pretty hard if you want to be really independent
in what color to set after the one before (like a playfield/map in a game).
It's also getting very hard if you want to do anything else, like sprite
setting/changing playfields etc.
 I'm not sure if the add/sta way of changing colors I posted there is the
fastest possible though...?

    Philipp.