Re: [stella] Parappa (was Re: Antwort auf: OT: Saunders's quote (was Re: [stella] Obfusicated)

Subject: Re: [stella] Parappa (was Re: Antwort auf: OT: Saunders's quote (was Re: [stella] Obfusicated)
From: Rob <kudla@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 20:37:00 -0400
At 01:53 PM 5/17/00 -0400, Robert Blazewicz wrote:
>>I started working on music to imitate Ballblazer...
>
>I have the source code to a prerelease of Ballblazer on the 7800.  If you
>think the source might help then I could make you a copy.

Oddly enough, I've never even seen 7800 Ballblazer.  I hope you'll see that
it'd benefit 7800 'brewers by posting it on the web somewhere!  Is it a lot
like the 400/800 version?

As for me, I appreciate the offer but I'm not actively working on any 2600
projects right now due to kind of an extreme workload.  What I posted to
the list a while ago (and is still on my games page, bad timing and all) is
as far as I got with Blaze.  When I do pick it up again I'll probably just
try and duplicate the two lower channels of BB's music, or the bass and
white noise, with a slightly different melody to avoid obvious
incrimination ;)  The "random blues scales" upper melody can't be done on
the 2600, IMO, for the reason I discussed in my last note.

Rob

kudla@xxxxxxxxx ... http://kudla.org/raindog ... Rob